Click here for more.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

YangYang Ti Woven Yoga bykhengsang @badmintoncentral



YangYang Ti Woven Yoga
2U G4
BG66 @ 23lbs
Medium Stiff Flex
Long Shaft (not as long as Mp100 but total racket length is same)

First of all I read somewhere that this is supposed to be like a mp100. Not really.. badminton alley says its like an ISO 800, which is probably closer to the truth but given Ive only held an ISO 800 cant say for sure.

First thing I noticed is that its a 2U racket.. Im used to 3U and 4U and even the Ti Fighter is 3U. Also the grip is tiny. Even with a cheap YangYang overgrip on it I had to put another SBP grip on it. Should have saved my super fat Yonex Graptec grip for this

Anyway.. this racket is POWERFUL.. need to test tonight if its more powerful than the Fighter but my goodness, the smashing I was doing last night was incredible. You see this group I play with is a bunch of older guys but they are very good, especially defense. I was getting frustrated since I couldnt kill on a smash with my mp100 but that changed quickly when I took out this racket

This thing can do a even a backcourt smash hard! I was smashing away all night.

Surprisingly Im not that sore after using it although I thought I would be given the switch.. need a bit more time to play more with it and do some comparisons. But here is a preliminary review:

Power: At least a 9/10 if not 10/10.. I dont think Ive generated as powerful smashes with other rackets except maybe the fighter. However Ive had to do a lot of wrist work to get it to smash right. Not like the MM99 or MP100 where I do a full rotation swing.

Control: Seems decent, although I didnt do too many drop shots, was mainly smashing

Feel: Very nice sound and feel when you hit the bird

Durability: While I cannot comment on this right now, I did have a bad clash with the Ti Fighter and a mp100 last week, in fact it left a mark on the racket. But last night the mp100 I hit with broke (he told me I cracked it). Dont think that guy was too happy with me

Preliminary ratings give this racket a 8.5/10,
PROS:
Extremely powerful: great for backcourt offensive players
Affordable: This is a fairly affordable racket
Durable: Seems that way and if its really 2U its probably more so than the 3U fighter

CONS:
Heavy: 2U can encumber you, Im not sure if Im able to use it well because Ive used the Fighter a lot
Requires Wristwork: You have to do a very fast wrick whip/twist to give it the best smash.

by
khengsang

Yangyang Rg | Create your badge

No comments:

Post a Comment