Click here for more.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Gung-ho Vittinghus grabs spotlight




THE charismatic Peter Gade-Christensen is absent from the Malaysia Open but Hans-Kristian Vittinghus (pic) made up by reliving the same fighting spirit at the Putra Stadium to show that Denmark are not short on talent.
On Wednesday, a gung-ho Vittinghus had the spotlight on him as he came agonisingly close to forcing world champion Chen Jin eat humble pie.
But costly errors after taking a 16-11 lead over the Chinese in the decider saw him going down 23-21, 16-21, 17-21.
It was one of Vittinghus’ best performances since joining the Danish national team five years ago.
The late bloomer, who juggles with training and two jobs, hopes that 2011 would be a year to cherish for him.
“Usually, Danish players hit peak form at the later part of their playing careers and I am no exception. But I am surely slower than the others,” said the 25-year-old world No. 32.
“It’s not easy to juggle between training and my jobs but I guess it gives one an extra motivation to do well.”
Vittinghus, who works in a company that provides live scoring for soccer matches and also an internet house, is the fourth ranked Dane behind Christensen, Jan O Jorgensen and Joachim Persson.
And his most memorable victory in an international tournament was over Chen Long of China at the Macau Open last year.
“My goal is to make my debut in the world championships. If I continue to play like this in the next four months, I can make the trip to London (in August) as one of the top 24 players,” said Vittinghus.
The qualifying period for the world championships ends in May and the top 24 ranked players are assured of places in the competition.
“My forte is in my attacking game and I have the fighting instincts in me. Sometimes, I tend to lose patience and that was exactly what happened against Chen Jin. But the good performance here in Malaysia has given me loads of confidence,” he added.
Next up for Vittinghus is the South Korea Open, the second leg of the BWF World Super Series, next week.

courtesy of The Star

Yangyang Rg | Create your badge



The secret to WINNING a football betting! Tips and MORE!!!

Konica Autoreflex TCKonica Minolta magicolor 1690MF - MultifunctionMagic Lantern Guides: Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D/Dynax 5DKonica Minolta NP700 Lithium-ion Battery for Dimage X50 & X60 Digital CamerasKonica Minolta Black Remanufactured Compatible Toner Cartridge (1710517-005) For MagiColor 2300 2350 SeriesKonica Minolta Black Remanufactured Compatible Toner Cartridge (1710517-005) For MagiColor 2300 2350 Series

No comments:

Post a Comment