Click here for more.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wang Xin happy to be put to the sword

China’s Wang Xin said she was delighted to have a tough match in the PROTON Malaysia Open Superseries, the season opening event of the 2011 OSIM BWF World Superseries.
Liu XinThe top seed was given a scare by Malaysia’s No. 1 player Wong Mew Choo in the second round on Thursday before prevailing 21-16, 17-21, 21-9 at the Putra Stadium in Kuala Lumpur.
Wang Xin will now play Germany’s Juliane Schenk in Friday’s quarter-finals. Schenk booked her place in the last eight when she defeated South Korea’s Sung Ji Hyun 21-17, 19-21, 21-11.
“Mew Choo is a top class player and it is never easy to play her. She is capable of beating anyone on her day and I’m glad to have beaten her today,” said Wang Xin.
“I made too many mistakes in the second game and you can’t do that against Mew Choo as she knows how to capitalise on them. In the third game, I told myself to concentrate more and try to work her round the court.
“It wasn’t easy but I’m happy to have had a tough match today as it will keep me on my toes.”
Meanwhile, Mew Choo admitted she lost focus against the world No 1. However, she took heart from her performance,
“This is the first time I’ve played a rubber game against Wang Xin. I am disappointed but in a way I believe that I am narrowing the gap,” said Mew Choo.
”You just can’t take it easy these days. The China players are strong but so are the other players from Thailand and Korea.”
The injury prone Mew Choo insisted it was a good start to the year
”At least I now know my level is not that far behind. I need to go back and study my game to prepare for the future tournaments.”
Second seed Wang Shixian also easily made it through to the quarter-finals. The VICTOR BWF Super Series Finals women’s singles winner was too good for Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying as she registered a straight forward 21-17, 21-17.
Her reward is a meeting with another Chinese Taipei player – Cheng Shao Chieh – who upset eighth seeded Chinese star Li Xuerui 21-14, 15-21, 21-11.

courtesy of BWF

Yangyang Rg | Create your badge



The secret to WINNING a football betting! Tips and MORE!!!

Kodak EasyShare Z981 14MP Digital Camera with Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 26x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom Lens and 3.0 Inch LCDKodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera (Black)Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Black)Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera Bundle (Black)Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment