Click here for more.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hattrick for Chong Wei as he continues domination of Gade in final

World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei continued his domination of Denmark’s Peter Gade to win the VICTOR BWF Super Series Finals 2010 in Chinese Taipei on Sunday.
The Malaysian, who had captured the men’s singles crown when the Super Series was held in Sabah and Johor in 2008 and 2009 respectively, made it a hattrick when he beat Gade in straight games at the Hsinchuang Gymnasium with an attacking game plan.
The Olympic and Asian Games silver medallist needed 40 minutes to subdue Gade 21-9, 21-14 for his 14th victory in 15 meetings with the European champion.
LCW final2 The duo had met on Friday in the last group match, where Chong Wei (left) also won in straight games but Gade didn’t push himself then as they had both qualified for the semi-finals.
The 34-year-old’s plan worked as he came back strong to upset second seed Chen Long of China in the semi-finals, in a titanic battle which lasted 59 minutes. Chong Wei in contrast, defeated Thailand Boonsak Ponsana in 43 minutes.
“This (final) is not the same as the group stage as we both qualified and didn’t go all out.
This is also good start for 2011,” said a delighted Chong Wei, who walked away with US$40,000 in prize money.
“This is a perfect preparation for the Malaysia Open later this month. I’m scheduled to play Lin Dan in the semi-finals but I will take one match at a time and try not to think that far ahead.”
The PROTON Malaysia Open Superseries 2011 is the opening round of the new OSIM BWF World Superseries season. It will be held at Stadium Putra in Bukit Jalil, from Jan 18-23.
Chong Wei, who came to Chinese Taipei minus his coach, Misbun Sidek, who submitted his resignation letter to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) on Dec 31, added: “Misbus’s case disrupted my concentration a little but I am mindful of my goal. I hope that all will end well.”
Misbun is scheduled to have talks with the BAM hierarchy today. BAM are hoping he will change his mind about quitting.
On Gade, whom he beat in the 2008 final, Chong Wei added: “I respect Peter as he is still going strong at the age of 34. I don't know if I can be at the top of the game if I am his age.”
Gade, meanwhile, accepted defeat graciously.
“You have to be on top of your game to beat Chong Wei, and that was not the case today. If this was Paris (during last year’s World Championships), I would have had a good chance as I was in good form then,” said the former All England Open champion.
“This is the third time I have lost to Chong Wei in the finals – that is why he is No. 1 in the world.”

artice by www.bwfbadminton.org

Yangyang Rg | Create your badge


GUCCI Men's YA114207 I-GUCCI WatchGUCCI Men's YA114214 I-Gucci Digital WatchGUCCI Men's YA101331 101G Series Chronograph WatchGUCCI Men's YA114212 I-GUCCI WatchGUCCI Women's YA116502 Signoria Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment